Nothing quite makes you feel like a straight-laced corporate hack like that time when you got into the car that was sent to pick you up at the Kauai airport, and you realized that you (and your lovely partner in crime) were the only ones in the car who were meeting more than one of the following criteria:
- you’re wearing a shirt
- you’re also wearing shoes
- you either aren’t very tan or aren’t very dirty (they can look pretty similar)
- also the clothes that you are wearing are pretty clean, too
- you think that entering a grocery store while not meeting any of the above conditions to purchase beer isn’t the best decision
- your hair has been cut in the past 6 months
- you’re surprised that nobody is using their seatbelt, because, well, you know… everyone uses one, right? (Don’t worry, Mom, we both used ours)
Anna and I are starting the Year of Fun: Phase II. We’re WWOOFing on a farm on Kauai, Hawaii. I woke up this morning, and one of the first conversations I had with one of the other WWOOFers went something like this.
Other WWOOFer: “Hey. (looks at us) Oh! You guys are the new ones that came in last night. The adults!”
Yep, that’s us: The Adults.