Singapore holds a special place in my heart now. This wasn’t always the case, because, as you probably already know, I grew up in the 90s, so the only way I ever heard about Singapore was when the infamous news story came out about the diplomat’s kid getting caned. As it turns out, this fine city-state (remember learning about those in 9th grade history class?) isn’t all about Big Brother spying on you around every corner waiting to catch you committing a cane-able offense. Rather, it’s about Big Fun Uncle openly surveilling you around every corner and watching you have the best time ever with your wonderful hosts/cousins!
Highlights from the Lion City include:
- the return of my traffic-related sanity,
- wandering various neighborhoods with Anna’s super cousins who live here,
- eating tasty food with afore-mentioned cousins/hosts and their husbands,
- going on the Night Safari, and
- this list could go on forever, so…..
Here are a few pictures to help you visualize the great times that transpired.
Thanks, Big Fun Uncle! We have already started daydreaming about our next visit!